Thursday, April 17, 2008

I had to pay Ram Rs 2 crores

"We took a NOC from Sony-Erricson and on 13 December 2008 they gave me a letter of consent. I went about this the right way. My conscience is clear.

Towards the end of March I was told the tune belongs to Ram Sampath and not Sony-Erricson. Not in my wildest dreams could I doubt the company's intentions. I was misinformed. I was in a crisis situation and had no choice but to pay up the Rs 2 crores that was asked of me.

I'd like to ask Ram Sampat one thing. If his tune was the same as the one in Krazzy 4 wouldn't it have been an equally big hit when it was played as part of the cellphone ad campaign? That too had Hrithik dancing in it…

Yes the main hookline is the same. And if Ram Sampat sensed an irregularity why did he wait until my film's release was around the corner?

No comments: