Monday, April 14, 2008

I met Saif Ali Khan in Kenya: Rozza Catalano

After gyrating to the sizzling ‘Jaane Kyun’ in Samar Khan’s Shaurya, Rozza Catalano is now gearing up to set the screen ablaze in Parto Ghosh’s Ek Second Jo Zindagi Badal De.

On the personal front, there has been considerable speculation and fabrication about her equation with Saif Ali Khan ever since their relationship soured. Rozza Catalano in a freewheeling chat with Swati R Chaudhary on Saif, her preoccupation with India and more…

A brief introduction of your background…
We hail from the South coast in Italy. We are four siblings- My brother Gioele, sisters Contessa and Dalia, myself and my parents of course.

My family moved to Switzerland before I was born and they wanted to move back to Italy but it never happened due to our education, friends and other commitments. I’ve done various print and television ads (international and Indian). ‘Seagram’ is one of the brands I worked with.

What got you to India? What fascinates you about India? Are you happy here?
I came to India with Saif Ali Khan. It was very challenging to come to India and stay back here.

I am a traditional person with a strong sense of family values. My family used to dine together and we would say our prayers before every meal. I was drawn to the Indian culture and its strong value system.

I thought I was patient but I have learnt to be far more patient that I ever thought I could be. India is all about acceptance.

No comments: