Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Randeep follows SRK and Hrithik

/photo.cms?msid=2967239

Randeep Hooda is on a career high these days. He has a long list of films to release this year. After SRK and Hrithik, now Randeep will be seen in a legendary character in Ketan Mehta’s Rang Rasiya where he portrays the character of painter Raja Ravi Verma. This is a film that the actor is banking heavily on.

“Rang Rasiya is a period film in which I am playing Raja Ravi Verma – the legendary Indian painter.” says Randeep. He believes it is one of the best characters he has portrayed in films. Randeep feels preparation for any character is important before you portray it onscreen. So what was his preparation to play this legendary character? “I did prepare for this role. But the tragedy is I can’t paint like Raja Ravi Verma, so I dropped the idea”, he quips.

Speaking about his director Ketan Mehta, Randeep says, “It was a great pleasure working with Ketan. He has extracted some really good aspects of me and especially as an actor I feel it’s very important for a film. At the same time I don’t think only one film can decide your standing in the industry. I have done nine films and I am yet to know my standing.”

Randeep’s forthcoming films include Ru Ba Ru, Love Khichdi , Ketan Mehta’s Rang Rasiya, Mere Khwabon Mein Jo Aaye and the long delayed Karma Confessions and Holi . “They have all shaped up pretty well. I am very excited. I have done varied work. Hopefully all my movies capture different audience”, he concludes.

No comments: