Monday, May 12, 2008

Bollywood goes moist-eyed on Mothers Day

From old hats like Shabana Azmi, Hema Malini and Mahesh Bhatt to young actors like Sonam Kapoor, Celina Jaitley and Abhishek Bachchan - on Mother’s Day they all talk about the contribution of their mothers in their lives and give them credit for their success. Here is what the actors have to say on the special occasion:

Sonam Kapoor: My mother is my best friend. What she has taught me is to value the people who love me. I never take anyone for granted. When I was working with Sanjay Leela Bhansali and struggling to live up to his penchant for perfectionism, she would step in to guide me. During that crucial time my mother taught me to be patient and strong and to follow my heart. My mother is an exceptional householder. She doesn’t have just three children, but four, my father being the fourth. He has to talk to her like 20 times a day. If I can run my household after marriage with half my mom’s efficiency I’d consider myself a successful woman.

Raima Sen: The biggest thing I’ve learnt from my mother is patience and to respect other people’s space. Also, to be strong-willed! She has also taught my sister and I not to make the mistakes she made in her career. She has brought up both of us as independent women capable of taking our own decisions.

Shabana Azmi: Where do I begin? My mom has taught me compassion, generosity of spirit, and not to make an issue out of everything in life. I’ve inherited my taste in clothes from her. Above all, she has taught me acting and how to approach a role.

Abhishek Bachchan: My mom has taught me to try and be a good human being.

Urmila Matondkar: Mom has taught me not to be judgemental and to love and accept people as they are. From her, I’ve learnt that if you’re patient the best is bound to happen for you.

Shilpa Shetty: What have I learnt from mom? Everything! Most of all I’ve learnt the importance of dignity in my conduct. She also taught me never to let anyone trample on my self-respect.

No comments: