Thursday, May 29, 2008

Roadies winner heads to Bollywood

Young dhaba owner Ashutosh Kaushik's life has taken a U-turn since he won the just-concluded fifth season of MTV's reality show Roadies last week. Now he is set to try his luck in Bollywood.

"I'm feeling great after winning. I am in Mumbai now and will be joining acting classes soon. I want to act in films," Ashu said. He hails from Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh where he owns a roadside eatery.

The 27-year-old, who has won an expensive Hero Honda Karizma bike and Rs.230,000, gives the credit of his win to his fellow contestant Sonel, by whom he was totally smitten.

Sonel, a model by profession, always stood by Ashu through the game.

"Sonel was a dumb player but is more intelligent than most others on the show. She is my special friend and, yes, I still have to go on a date with her. Our relationship is very much on and I am really grateful to her," he revealed.

The show is now over and Ashu does not get to see much of Sonel but speaks to her whenever they have the time.

Although rejected in the Delhi and Lucknow auditions, he didn't lose hope and went to Jaipur for the audition and got selected.

On being asked whether he has plans of expanding his dhaba into a swanky restaurant, he said: "A restaurant won't do well where my dhaba is. And at the moment I am not so well-off that I can open a good restaurant anywhere."

No comments: