Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Priti Zinta Goes Against Her Astologer

Preity Zinta says she invested in the Indian Premier League (IPL) in spite of warnings from a friend astrologer .
‘In spite of the warning from my astrologer friend, I went for the deal as I had a gut feeling that it is the future. I told my friend that if it doesn’t work for me then I would become the 50th wife of the Sultan of Brunei,’ Preity, who co-owns the IPL Mohali team,says. The star of hits like ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ and ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’, Preity said it was only in a developing country like India that one could think of buying a sports team.
‘The scenario is going to change after 10 years. One can never dream of buying a team like Manchester United or Arsenal today in a country like England.’ Preity bought Kings XI Punjab in partnership with her boyfriend Ness Wadia and Karan Paul of Apeejay Surrendra Group and Mohit Burman of Dabur. They paid $76 million for the franchise.
She said: ‘My team performed well and I am happy with all the team members and will continue my support for the team.’ As far as her balance sheet was concerned, she said this had not been a profitable year but was optimistic they would do better next time.

No comments: