Friday, January 16, 2009

Bipasha Basu is shooting for ‘Lamhaa’ in Kashmir

Bipasha Basu had left shooting of Rahul Dholakia’s ‘Lamhaa’ in the Kashmir valley in mid way and had returned back to Mumbai owing to security reasons, but now Basu is back in Kashmir for the shoot after the producer and director assured her of proper security arrangements.

Sanjay Dutt in fact proceeded to Kashmir a day ahead of her to make sure the atmosphere is conducive to her safety. The producer Bunty Walia has met the Deputy General of Police in Kashmir who has appointed a senior-rank officer to take charge and provide all the required security force to cordon off the areas where the film will be shot.

Speaking candidly for the first time on why she left Kashmir suddenly during their schedule in November, Bipasha says, “Too much was made out of the whole thing. Lamhaa is a difficult film. There was bound to be ups and downs. The producer and director knew why I left. A certain amount of security was promised. The first seven days were absolute chaos. There was disorganization and lack of security. Beyond that I really don’t care what people say.”

Bipasha is very clear on her security issues. “Yes, my work is my life. But then I’ve a life beyond work. I’m not going to risk my life unnecessarily for any film. Who comes to hold your hand when you’re in pain? Let’s be optimistic. This time hopefully we’ll shoot without any trouble. Let’s be sensible about it. Lamhaa is a sensible film.”

So, now we have Bipasha, Sanjay Dutt and Kunal Kapoor shooting in the Dal Lake of Kashmir in freezing January. Bipasha also got the leave from the producer for one night on Wednesday to dance for an awards function then return the next morning.

Said the actress, “Yes I came back for the awards on Wednesday night for just one evening. I reached just in time to get into my costume and rush to the stage. It went really well.”

bipasha basu

No comments: