Friday, January 16, 2009

Neetu Chandra gets mercury soaring for ‘Maxim’

Neetu Chandra was last seen in ‘Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye’ in her track suits and sarees. So, she decided to go for a change and shock everyone with her dare-bare shoot for ‘Maxim’. However, the shoot is not for the cover, but for a full fledged feature in the magazine.

However, Neetu doesn’t find this shoot very shocking as she has already worn swimsuits in her earlier films. She says, “Don’t be so shocked; it isn’t that scandalous after all. Maxim approached me to do the photo shoot. I thought to myself that when I am quite comfortable to do so many different kinds of characters anyways in my films then why not be a face for this photo shoot as well? I have worn swimsuit in my very first film [Garam Masala] so there was no big deal in doing it again. For the Maxim shoot, it was quite a collaborative act and I worked with the costume designer to arrive at a final look for me.”

When asked if she was comfortable with the shoot, Neetu says, “Quite comfortable because I am someone who doesn’t believe in the concept of ‘Size Zero’. I believe that for a woman, her curves and curls should be in the right place. I have been getting calls appreciating my approach towards the shoot. Of course, people have found me quite sensuous and hot. The credit for that should also go to the magazine which is quite creative in itself and photographer R. Burman who was excellent behind the camera.”
neetu chandra posing for maxim photoshoor

neetu chandra posing for maxim photoshoor

neetu chandra posing for maxim photoshoor

neetu chandra posing for maxim photoshoor

No comments: