Monday, January 5, 2009

Sameera Reddy to remind us of Smita Patil

We last saw Sameera Reddy in ‘Taxi No. 9 2 11’ and then the dusky gorgeous lady seemed to disappear into oblivion. Now, she is all set to surprise us with her de-glam avatar as she plays a rustic Dalit woman in Nagesh Kukunoor`s “Yeh Hausla”, walking bare feet in the mud in ghagra-choli with peacocks accompanying her.

When compared with Smita Patil, Sameera says, “I never knew I could do these things. And this Smita Patil comparison is getting uncanny. It was Buddhadeb Dasgputa who first compared me with her.”

Working in this film has given Sameera a lift and says, “I feel I`m now born as an actor. When people see me in `Yeh Hausla`, I hope they see me and not just Smita Patil. While doing `Yeh Hausla`, I felt I was connecting with Smita`s spirit. Maybe it was the pure, unspoilt ambience and that whole spirit of `Chakra` and `Manthan` that Smita is associated with.”

“Nagesh has taught me so much. I`ve connected with emotions within myself that I never knew existed. I felt I`ve gone to acting school. Other actors came and went. But I was there for the full 47-day schedule. I`m in every frame of the film,” said Sameera praising her director.

sameera reddy

No comments: