Monday, July 20, 2009

Why Shruti Hassan got a nose job done?

Going under the knife to enhance appearance is not a new concept for Bollywood beauties. Right from Shilpa Shetty to Rakhi Sawant, everyone seems to be opting for surgery in a quest to perfection. This time it is the newbie, Shruti Hassan who has undergone a nose surgery even before her first film ‘Luck’ hits the screens. So, now instead of her trademark aquiline nose, she is seen sporting a designer nose.

However, the girl does not believe in hiding this fact and openly admits that she has got a nose job done “but not because I was unhappy with my looks”. Instead it was to get treated for deviated septum — a common disorder involving a displacement of the nasal septum which hampered her breathing and even affected her singing.

Admits Shruti, “Yes, I did get a small surgery done because of my breathing problem. It was done recently at a hospital abroad for a deviated septum. It was purely a medical need and has nothing to do with any cosmetic demands.”

“There was this bone inside my nose, which affected my breathing. Now after the surgery, I can finally sleep much more peacefully,” she explains.

She adds further, “Yes, I got a corrective surgery done and there is nothing to hide. It’s not like Pamela Anderson’s b**b job. I went to the US and got it done because this is a tricky surgery. If it is not done right, it could affect my voice and that’s something I cannot risk.”

No comments: