Kareena Kapoor was declared the cutest vegetarian that fans would love to emulate. The online poll was conducted by PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) recently and Kareena won hands down.
The actress bagged the highest number of votes giving other potential celebrities, who followed and advocated a vegetarian diet, far behind. Kareena has been receiving compliments by the dozen ever since she turned vegetarian and lost oodles of weight. “If my fans are looking up to me and have turned vegetarian, then I am happy about it. I am a pure vegetarian and it helps me keep fit and healthy. I am aware that my fans have liked my look in Tashan and I am glad to be an example for them,” says Kareena.

“However, I don’t want people to come to the conclusion that turning vegetarian means starving oneself to death. I have a healthy breakfast and have portions of food throughout the day. It is a healthy meal of varied vegetables and fruits. I want those looking up to me for their fitness regime to follow a healthy diet and not pay attention to stories that I survive on juices alone. That is not true! Also these rumours about me having acquired the size zero body mass is baseless. I am fit and healthy. My weight is just right for me. I would like to tell my fans that we are all individuals and body requirements vary from person to person. You should find the weight that is apt for you and keep fit. And yes follow a healthy vegetarian diet,” she adds.

Anuradha Sawhney PETA India chief functionary, said, “Each vegetarian saves more than 80 animals every year. And thanks to Kareena for setting an example to turn vegetarian. Our planet will be better off without meat consumption that causes many environmental problems. Kareena is doing her part to save the world and she is setting a great example for young people. True beauty comes from within and Kareena has proved she is a winner all round.” Kareena, size zero be damned, your curves are making the world go “green” with envy.